M elson Funeral Services is family owned. Clayton Melson started in Lewes, Delaware in 1934, with a facility on Savannah Road. Having grown up in a funeral home environment, Douglas Melson became a funeral director. In 1965, Doug and Sharon Melson purchased the Watson and Gray Funeral Home with locations in Frankford and Millsboro Delaware. In 1988 they decided to sell the downtown Millsboro funeral home and erect a modern and more spacious funeral chapel in the Long Neck area of Millsboro. Then in 1999, construction began on the Ocean View Chapel which opened in 2000.
Over the years the locations have changed, however the professionalism and courtesy still remain.